On November 11, 1931 the First Street Oval was dedicated as the William E Coleman playstead. More than 1000 people attended the dedication including the widow and children of the former Centerville resident. The Coleman's - now residents of New Jersey made the trip back to Lowell to attend the dedication.
This playground no longer exists. It became the site of WWII temporary veteran's housing and then was demolished to make way for the Hunt's Falls bridge and rotary as part of the VFW highway.
When the playstead was dedicated the current mayor Charles H. Slowey stated, "Through the dedication of the Coleman playstead the fallen hero's name will endure for years and years to come."